1. You have the right to refuse to perform
roadside sobriety tests.
2. You have the right to refuse the breath test.
3. You have the right to an independent blood
test within 2 hours of taking a breath test.
4. You have the right not to answer any
5. If you are arrested for DWI, you have 15 days
to appeal the suspension of your Texas
6. If the roadside sobriety tests are not
administered in strict compliance with NHTSA
guidelines, the validity of the test results is
7. The police officer administering the breath test
has no knowledge of the (pseudo)scientific
principles behind the breath test machine.
8. It may take up to 2 hours for the alcohol you
consumed to make its way into your
9. If the police didn't have a valid reason to stop
you, all evidence gathered after the stop may
be inadmissible in court.
10. You need an experienced DWI attorney who
knows the law and who knows the tests, to