Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Potted meat, anyone?

This is the text of an e-mail I received last week requesting some link juice. I have cut the back-links in order to punish the guilty.

Dear Webmaster,
My name is Brady Russ and I handle the online marketing for a network of related web sites. I am emailing to express my interest in adding your link to my site and getting a link back to my site from your site.
If I have made a mistake by sending this to the wrong address, you do not have to respond; I will remove your email from my mailing list if I fail to receive a reply.
For your convenience, your link is already posted at www.onemortgageloan.net/traffic-school-prices.php. If you are unable to click the link please Copy & Paste it instead.
Please use the following linking details when adding my link to your site:

URL: http://www.pasoinsurance.com
Title: Affordable Car Insurance
Description: Car insurance instant gratification, courtesy of Paso Auto Insurance.

If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity and keep your link up on my site, add my link and then reply to this email with the url where you have added a link to my site. If you are not interested there is no need to reply. I will remove your link along with your email address.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you!
Brady Russ 
www.onemortgageloan.net

I sent you this email because I found, from researching your site, that your email manages these requests. If I made an error, please respond to this address: unsubscribe@onemortgageloan.net, and your email-address will be removed from the network within 2 business days. 


"A network of related web sites?" Really? I struggle to find a relevant link between my website and a website hawking auto insurance. Okay, maybe they offer SR-22's for drivers who are required to obtain one due to a license suspension. Nope. Nothing about SR-22 coverage on their website.


And I just flat out give up trying to figure out a link between a mortgage lender and a criminal defense attorney and how such a link would benefit either one of us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you. I bet a friend 50 bucks you wouldn't publish my comment about Houston being a terrorism target. I win!

Paul B. Kennedy said...

I hope you haven't spent the money yet. My policy is to publish all comments as long as their aren't spam. But you must allow me time to get into the office.