This was the Jackson County Courthouse that was built in the Beaux-Arts style back in 1906. This elegant building burned down in the early 1950's and was replaced by this...
The current Courthouse looks like just about every other high school built in the 1950's across the Lone Star State. Terry Jeanson wasn't quite so kind when he compared it to an abandoned nursing home.
The clock on the north side by the main entrance is a nice touch.
Then there's the gazebo on the east side.
And what's not to love about a building with a tree growing inside?
The courthouse isn't much to look at - but the courthouse staff are friendly and at least it doesn't have a metal detector.