Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My phone the scanner

I discovered a nifty app for my droid last week - Document Scanner by PWN with your Phone. The app allows you to take a picture of a document and convert it to a PDF file that you can store on your phone, e-mail to someone or upload to Google Docs.

There is no limit to the number of pages you can incorporate into a document - and you can add more pages at a later date. The program is easy to use, just a couple of clicks and you've got your PDF file.

I used the app to scan an entire case file the other day and the quality was outstanding. By uploading the PDF file to Google Docs I was able to download it to the hard drive on my desktop and print out the documents later that day.

Document Scanner sells for $3.98 and there is a trial version you can test drive for 15 days at no cost.

2 comments:

Franklin said...

I use Genius Scan on my iPhone and it works great, too; I've used it several times while reviewing prosecutors' files. These are really powerful tools for the defense.

Houston DWI Attorney Paul B. Kennedy, said...

The next step would be to scan all documents in a given case file, upload them to a cloud server or download to a thumb drive so you have ready access anytime you're in court.