Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Adventures on the island

I was down on the island the other afternoon to visit a client in the Galveston County Jail. Now for anyone who's ever been down there to visit clients in jail, you know that it's a lot less hassle than trying to see a client in the Harris County Jail (well, except for the drive).

I checked in at the front desk and the officer on duty took my driver's license and bar card. He handed me a visitor's badge. He asked me if I had a cellphone and I told him it was stashed in my car (a colleague of mine had his disappear while he was in the back meeting with a client so I refuse to take mine inside). He then asked me if I had any keys.

I told him I did and he asked me for them. I asked him why (figuring I was going to hear a tale of how some inmate was caught with a set of keys). He replied that some attorneys had left the jail without returning their visitor's badge.

Um, Einstein, how about you just not return the driver's license and bar card until you've got your badge back in your hand?

No comments: