Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What I'm thankful for

Although I frequently rant about miscarriages of justice and the wrongs I see in our criminal justice system, I am thankful to live in a country in which the rights of criminal defendants are spelled out in our constitution. Our system may not be perfect, but it does allow us the opportunity to effect change through vigorous trial and appellate work.

I am thankful to live in a country where I have the freedom to succeed, or fail, on my own.

I am thankful to live in a country where I have access to forums such as this to disseminate information and opinions.

I am thankful for a system that does allow for second chances.

But mostly I'm thankful for my beautiful wife and daughters whom I get to go home and see every night.

Take a moment or two everyday to be thankful for what you have. Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful that my husband works so hard, so I can stay home with our delightful girls. It is wonderful I am not expected to chose between work and motherhood. Thank you Paul for giving me the world.