Thursday, October 29, 2009

A change in my comment policy

Up until a couple of days ago I permitted any and all comments on my blog -- I believe that the free exchange of information and opinion benefits everyone. However, due to the increase in spam comments and criticism from anonymous posters, I have (regretfully) made the decision to moderate the comments.

My rules are quite simple: all comments will be approved unless they are spam or anonymous criticism. Y'all know who I am. I don't hide behind a mask of anonymity. I criticize, challenge and call others out for their comments or behavior -- and I don't mind being on the other end of it, either. But, I firmly believe that if you're going to criticize someone else -- you should at least be intellectually honest enough to do it under your own name.

I understand there are reasons some people won't post a comment under their real name -- but if you want to be critical of the content on this blog, that's what you're going to have to do.

No comments: