Tuesday, February 21, 2012

More potted meat

A while back I had a frequent commenter ask me why I required people to type the squiggly letters in a box in order to leave a comment because it looked like I published every comment.

The truth is I don't publish every comment. I will publish both positive and negative comments from readers. I have no problem accepting criticism. If I didn't want criticism I wouldn't use this forum to express my opinions.

What I don't publish are the scores of spam comments I get on a regular basis. They are quite insipid and I don't feel I should allow this blawg to be the vehicle for their attempts to game Google.

Here's one such comment I received:
What i don't realize is in fact how you're not really a lot more smartly-favored than you might be right now. You're so intelligent. You realize thus significantly when it comes to this matter, produced me in my opinion imagine it from so many numerous angles. Its like men and women aren't fascinated except it is one thing to do with Woman gaga! Your personal stuffs outstanding. All the time take care of it up.
There was a link for some kind of women's boots at the end of the comment and "Roger B. Ferguson" tried to post it in response to my post on the DA's citizen  propaganda prosecutor academy up in Dallas. To this day I have no idea what it's supposed to mean.

Then there was this:
It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and It is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it!
Call me silly but I'm not thinking "Sarah P. Gavin" is really her name. She wanted to put up a link to some silver jewelry site on my post about the new French law making it a crime to deny that Turkey committed genocide in the aftermath of World War I.

"Robert Ducket" left me this special comment on my post about the price Pat Lykos was paying for thinking outside the box when it came to drug cases and DWI's:
Lawyer make solution of country court cases and save peoples from jail prisoning. Crime control is need of society that with peoples satisfaction too.
I would suggest that the Toronto law firm that hired someone to post the spam comment would at least take a look at the crap their marketer is spewing on the internet. It really doesn't inspire confidence. Y'all might want to ask your SEO rep to bone up on his English grammar before the next wave of spam goes out.

And, just to show that there is a certain irony to life, I leave you with this comment from a DWI lawyer out in California:
Excellent information provide for us.....................
It was a comment to, appropriately enough, a post about spamming.

No comments: